Previous articleMain Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Monday 27th NovemberNext articleGary McDaid formerly ratified as Donegal U20 boss News Highland Twitter By News Highland – November 27, 2017 Facebook Google+ Journey home will be easier – Paul Hegarty Twitter Pinterest Pinterest Arranmore progress and potential flagged as population grows Important message for people attending LUH’s INR clinic New emails put further pressure on under fire Tainaste RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR WhatsApp Homepage BannerNews Frances Fitzgerald was made aware of a garda strategy to take an aggressive stance towards Maurice McCabe a second time in the summer of 2015, by way of a media query.The then Justice Minister was advised that if asked about this, she could say that Sergeant McCabe was a valued member of the force.The new revelations come as the Taoiseach and the Fianna Fail leader continue to discuss options to avoid the Dail being dissolved due to a no confidence motion in the Tanaiste.Frances Fitzgerald has said, and her party has accepted, that she does not recall an email sent in May 2015 outlining the Garda Commissioner’s legal strategy to attack the motivation of Maurice McCabe at the O’Higgins Inquiry at that time.But in a trawl of records at the Department of Justice, ordered by the Taoiseach last week – it’s now emerged that the Minister ‘noted’ that email.It’s also been confirmed that the former Justice Minister was made aware of a media query which referred to the aggressive stance that Commissioner Noirin O’Sullivan ordered her legal Counsel to take.The email also advises Frances Fitzgerald that if she’s questioned about this, she could say that Sgt McCabe is a valued member of the force.While the email says the matters are before a Commission of Investigation, it will be seen as the second time Minister Fitzgerald was made aware of the plan to smear Maurice McCabe – despite her saying she did not become aware of the matter until a year later.This new evidence is surely raising the stakes of talks between the Taoiseach and Micheal Martin this evening – less than 24 hours before the motion of no confidence in the Dail is due to be debated. Google+ DL Debate – 24/05/21 Harps come back to win in Waterford News, Sport and Obituaries on Monday May 24th Facebook WhatsApp
Authorities suspect The Chemist is the leader of a coalition of sons and other relatives of former Norte del Valle Cartel operatives who have united with Los Urabeños to fight Los Rastrojos for control of drug trafficking routes and other criminal enterprises. With the other organized crime groups decimated, Los Rastrojos emerged in the early 2000s as the most powerful drug trafficking organization in the Valle del Cauca. Los Rastrojos began in 2002 as the armed wing for drug trafficker Wilber Varela, who was known as “Jabon.” Los Rastrojos fought on behalf of Jabon against the Norte del Valle Cartel. Jabon was murdered in 2008; by then, Los Rastrojos was operating as an independent drug trafficking group. Beginning in 2006, Los Rastrojos expanded rapidly. But in 2012, three of its top leaders were captured or surrendered, leaving Los Rastrojos in disarray. The return of ‘The Chemist’ Senor de la R’s organization is now battling the remnants of Los Rastrojos for control in Valle del Cauca, according to published reports. At the same time, Los Rastrojos is fighting with Los Urabenos, a paramilitary style drug trafficking group based in north-central Colombia but now expanding into Los Rastrojos strongholds. Senor de la R is not the only former Cali Cartel higher-up and U.S. ex-convict who has resurfaced in the Valle del Cauca drug trade. Victor Patiño Fomeque, also known as “The Chemist.” He also returned to Colombia in 2010 after serving a prison term in the U.S. and reportedly has organized a potent alliance of criminal organizations. The Chemist was a high-ranking leader of the Cali Cartel when he surrendered to Colombian security forces in 1995. Authorities extradited him to the United States to face federal charges related to drug trafficking. The Chemist served six years in prison after cooperating with U.S. authorities. While The Chemist provided information to U.S. authorities, his former drug trafficking associates retaliated by killing members of his family, as many as 35 in all, according to published reports. Security forces must remain vigilant By Dialogo December 22, 2013 Security forces defeated the Cali Cartel An organized crime coalition Senor de la R is a family member of former Cali Cartel leader Helmer “Pacho” Herrera, who surrendered to Colombian security forces in 1996 and was assassinated in prison two years later, according to El Tiempo. Herrera was the last of seven major Cali Cartel kingpins who Colombian security forces captured in the mid-1990s. Those arrests and others decimated the ranks of the Cali Cartel, which had once been the world’s biggest supplier of cocaine. With the demise of the Cali Cartel, much of the Valle del Cauca drug trade was taken over by the Norte del Valle Cartel (NDVC), although it too was soon broken up by arrests, extraditions and internal dissension. An older generation of drug traffickers from the defunct Cali Cartel is re-emerging to wage violent struggles against a younger generation of drug traffickers in Colombia’s Pacific region. The violence has resulted in as many as 2,000 killings in the region in 2013, authorities estimate. Colombian security forces report that the spike in gangland violence in the Valle del Cauca department has been largely fueled by a former Cali Cartel kingpin who returned to Colombia after serving almost two decades in U.S. prison. The former Cali Cartel drug lord, identified only as “Señor de la R,” was deported from the U.S. to Colombia in 2012 after serving an 18-year prison sentence, according to interviews with Colombian security officials reported in El Tiempo. After his return he set up his own criminal group and launched a battle with the new generation of organized crime groups to reclaim control over drug trafficking routes and other criminal operations in the Valle del Cauca department. The rise of Los Rastrojos In an ongoing effort to stamp out the violence, the Colombian government has deployed hundreds of additional security forces and increased patrols in the Valle del Cauca. Colombian security forces must remain vigilant, said Raul Benitez Manaut, a security analyst at the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM). Many Colombian drug traffickers who were extradited to the United States in the late 1980s and early 1990s are now completing their prison sentences and are returning to their home country, Benitez Manaut said. “Some narcotraffickers are returning without any money or contacts to continue in the drug trafficking business, and many of them do not want problems with security forces,” the security analyst said. “However, others are returning with little money and few contacts and are returning to drug trafficking. Those who are already active, such as ‘R,’ are seeking to revive their old business through violence, murder, and betrayal. The younger generations of drug traffickers will not cede control of their organizations easily.” Colombian security forces must continue to keep a close eye on older drug traffickers who return to the country after serving long prison sentences, Benitez Manaut said. “These people can become a serious problem for society and the security forces,” Benitez Manaut said. “The Colombian government has the challenge of watching each of the kingpins who are returning to the country and using intelligence to detect which ones are returning to drug trafficking.” Julieta Pelcastre contributed to this article. Not even the government can handle than criminal influence, please end that war now.. Very good for the government to become stronger and win this war Very interesting. The problem is precisely with the end to sentencing…we need to keep an eye on Carlos Lehder…
Also in the County Football League, Division 3 Group 1St Patrick’s beat Solohead well in Cloneen on a scoreline of 2-11 to 0-6.The other game in that group saw Rosegreen overcome Cappawhite 1-13 to 0-1. In Division 1 Group 1 of the County Football League Arravale Rovers and Kilsheelan-Kilcash played out a 1-9 a piece draw in Sean Tracey Park in Tipperary town this morning.In the same group Fethard beat Aherlow Gaels on a scoreline of 3-12 to 4-7.And in Division 1 Group 2 Cahir and Ardfinnan finished up all square on a scoreline of Ardfinnan 2-11 Cahir 1-14.
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has defended himself for celebrating with the crowd at Stamford Bridge after Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini failed to shake hands following a 2-1 result.Mourinho celebrated Fernando Torres’ late winner – and the extension of his unbeaten Premier League run at Stamford Bridge to 65 games – wildly, leaping into the crowd where he finished the previous home match with Cardiff following his touchline dismissal.DugoutThe Portuguese entered the section of support behind the away dugout, where he says his son has a season ticket.He insists that he meant no offence to City or Pellegrini, with whom he already had a tetchy relationship following their time in Spain.-Chelsea is guilty because I want to buy a season ticket for my son and they give a season ticket for my son behind the opponents’ dugout. They have to give my kid tickets behind my dugout. I promise that I went for him. But this is the drama of the last minute, Mourinho was quoted as saying on skysports.com. Trousers-Last year I beat Man City in the last minute in Madrid, I slid on my knees, I destroyed my trousers. I lost in the last minute against Bayern Munich, somebody put a knife in my back. This is emotion of the game. If they believe that my son is there, great.-If they don’t believe, I apologise if they feel that I did something wrong.Pellegrini was incensed and refused to shake hands with Mourinho at the final whistle.